From Cardiff and the East – M4:
- M4 – Turn off at Junction 40
- At the roundabout below take the third exit (effectively going underneath the stretch of motorway you’ve just left)
â€‹From Swansea and South/West Wales – M4:
Take the first exit left as you approach the roundabout from Junction 40.
…and then continue as below:
- Immediately, take first exit (Left) at the next mini roundabout (Veering around quite a sharp bend in the road)
- You’re now passing through a residential area. Continue straight ahead, for approximately another mile.
- Reach a set of traffic lights. Carry on ahead, passing the Western Log Company on your right.
- Continue for approximately another mile and a half until passing Afan Argoed Country Park on the right.
- Pass through the villages of Cynonville and Dyffryn. Pass Bakers Joinery and DIY.
- Reach the village of Cymmer. Drive up the small hill until the road takes a sharp left turn. (The village swimming pool is directly in front of you)
- Carry on this road until you see the chemist on your right.
- Just after the chemist take a very sharp turn left, sign posted Glyncorrowg, down a steep hill.
- Continue down the hill and take a sharp right and then a sharp left at the bottom of the hill.
- At the bottom of the hill the Afandale is situated on the river just after the bridge.
By train & bus:
- The Afandale is situated approximately 50 minutes from Cardiff International Airport.Â The nearest train station would either be Port Talbot Parkway on the main Cardiff to Swansea line, or Maesteg, a valley line station from Cardiff Central.
- Buses are available from Port Talbot Central Bus Station and directly from the train station from Maesteg.